All about Thanksgiving décor!
Decorating your home for Thanksgiving is a great way to bring our family together. The celebration of thanksgiving is a joyous time where all gather and rejoice the blessings. With no time to waste anymore, roll up your sleeves, get hold of the aprons, bring out the decorative pieces, shine those brass and silver ware.... the time has come for celebration. Decoration is very important part of an occasion. And one must have a theme for the decoration. All of you have definitely planned for the big occasion already but I thought why not give you all some of my ideas and also share some of yours. Decoration can be divided into exterior and interior decors. There should be parity between them. It should compliment each other.
Exterior décor: This year I have planned out to decorate the porch and the front stairs with spectacular plant arrangement. The fences in front of the main door and in the backyard will have small pumpkins.( I got the pumpkins from John's garden, they look so cute) This year I would decorate the door with twig or flower wreath.
- The fruit wreath is also “ in” this season. As this occasion celebrates the harvest, incorporation of fruits, vegetables, seasonal flowers and twigs are some of the best ideas.
- If you have a large mansion or stone house of some kind then you can decorate the stone stairs (which will lead the invitees to your house) with pumpkins. Also decorating the area with plants and gourds is not a bad idea.
- Lighting up the house is very important. You don't want a gloomy party do u? So creative people, here are few tips to express your creation. One can get hold of the dried twigs and assemble it together to make your creation or the scraggly twigs over the outdoor light is also not a made idea! It gives the feel of the “fall”. Pumpkins can be carved out to make table lamps. Or else use the Halloween lightings again! Its not bad to repeat if it goes with the theme of your party. The planning of the decor should compliment the color scheme used.
Interior décor: Interior design is the process of shaping of interior shape through manipulation of spatial volume and also with the decoration. This year I would keep this in mind. The interior should look spacious as well as the guests should feel the warmth. Whether novice (like me) or a skilled pro this is the time to be in action. My mom always follow step by step detail action with the décor part.
- The table décor is an important part of thanksgiving. This year I have planned out a special centerpiece made to of seasonal flowers and fruits. My aunt, Emma, who specializes in centerpiece art work is helping me out with it.
- Chocolate brown is hot for decorating! Vases filled with chocolate chips and then stuffed with pink and red flowers would look fabulous! The combination of brown and pinks are in vogue. You can even insert a candle in it. Harvest corn taper candles are the latest attraction this year at my place. You can even check them out in the departmental stores near you.
- Fresh apples in a basket, simple pumpkin decoration are few decorative pieces you can try. If you donot have time to keep up fresh pumpkin you can obviously opt for ceramic pumpkins easily available in the stores.
- If the table décor has been decided then one shouldn't forget about the mantle and the fireplace. The mantle and the fireplace can be decorated with mini pumpkins. The mantle garland can be made out if silk and seasonal flowers keeping in mind the theme. This year I am decorating it with twigs. This year we have fall season's theme. Brown is the dominant color for this year's decoration. The mantle will be decorated with twigs and dried maple foliage. It will give an essence of the season. Here are few links which will help all of you to make the planning more vivid and attractive.