Thanksgiving is a time for togetherness... it's an occasion to be spent in the warm and loving company of family, loved ones and friends enjoying turkey roast and pumpkin pies with them. Thanksgiving is also an opportunity to renew the ties that bind us with the ones we love... it is a time for remembering, cherishing and being thankful for all the good things you have been blessed with. So it's time to say 'Happy Thanksgiving'

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thanksgiving- A Reunion to Cherish



I am planning to have a rocking reunion party at my place this year. Thanksgiving since childhood has been a really special time for me when all my family members starting from grand mom, grandpa, my godmother, aunt and uncle, cousins and the rest flock in from far flung places bringing in love, luck and loads of gifts. The beauty of fall and the scent of winter in the air with Christmas close at hand, and my sweetheart by my side along with my sister, brother-in-law and their beautiful kids, this Thanksgiving is sure to stay locked in my memories for years to come.
A large well stuffed turkey is the first supreme necessity and so is my mom's best crockery. With red wine preferably Pinot Noir or Tempranillo and white wine which could be Gruner Veltline, Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Blanc, and some mouth watering delicacies made with cranberry sauce, my ancestors' appetites (whose spirits are sure to participate) will be satiated and so will ours.
Joining hands to pray and make a wish for myself and others, I remember how my mom used to tell us to remember God's blessings and the efforts of the pilgrim fathers who have made us what we are today. These little activities have brought me closer to my family and I feel this is enough reason for me to stick to all family traditions and celebrate the spirit of the season with full gusto. Some Hollywood films show families bickering amongst each other during Thankgiving dinner but for me and I am sure for most of you all, its a time to exchange long awaited hugs and kisses, catch up on old sweet memories, and make promises to keep coming back every year. Unfortunately, my cousin Harry and his wife Bianca residing in Texas wont be able to make it to our place this time. Sob...Sob..hey but I have a bright idea. I plan to flood their mail boxes with lots of ecards from some cool websites I came across on the net.



http://www.123greetings.com/events/thanksgiving
A free egreetings website with cards catering to all age groups. Topics like thanksgiving prayer, dinner, jokes and poems are all worth taking a look at. Their interactive cards are my favorite.

http://www.thanksgivinggreetings.net/

http://www.americangreetings.com/
Amazing cards but have to pay for this one though.
Time to start thinking and thanking for all you are worth for a smooth sailing Thanksgiving reunion.

1 Comments:

Blogger Master said...

keep posting!!

ecards

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home